[Lazarus] Version information under Linux

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.dk
Thu Jun 4 10:10:49 CEST 2009

I want to create a package from my
lazarus/examples/dockmanager/easytree/ project, containing the
EasyDockSite docking manager. Creating the package is no problem, it
compiles without problems, and as a runtime-only package with no visual
components it needs no installation. But I could not yet use it in
another project. The splitted EasyDocking project reports problems with
multiple ppu/o files, other projects cannot find the unit files.

After some tries and assistance from the chat I've moved the package
source files into a new directory dockmanager/package. Is that okay?

Next question: where to place the package project, into the dockmanager/
or dockmanager/package directory?

With the project in dockmanager/, adding files resulted in a dialog "New
unit not in unitpath", suggesting "Add package/ to UnitPath". Of course
the path should be added?
BTW: this dialog appears on the wrong monitor, not the one with the
Package dialog :-(
The same for "File not found" while loading a project.

The "Add to project" dialog has an CANCEL button with
Caption="CancelDependButton".

The remaining problems seem to be related to the package pathes. The
"Package Options" dialog shows Unit = "$(PkgOutDir)". What's
"PkgOutDir", and what's "PkgDir" found somewhere else? It looks as if
the Compiler Options -> Paths defines PkgOutDir as -FU, relative to the
package project file?

After some opening and closing of dialogs, the Unit entry has changed to
"$(PkgOutDir)/", the added trailing "/" seems to be more consistent with
other package settings?

Should I check "Add package unit to uses section" - what's the purpose
or benefit of this option?

After I created the package during above steps, and updated the original
sample project to use the new package, everything worked fine on Linux.
Not so on Windows :-(
[I'll retry and report later]

DoDi