[Lazarus] commercial product for lazarus

Bee bee.ography at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 03:56:44 CEST 2009

Terry A. Haimann wrote:
> I really don't know how to read the config file.  So, I did a locate on
> stdctrls and found this file:
>
> /usr/lib64/lazarus/lcl/units/x86_64-linux/stdctrls.o

I guess the .ppu is there too. So the compiled unit is there, but
somehow the compiler thinks it needs to get recompiled (wrong or
outdated version)

Thats what the StdCtrls unit not found message also can mean.

> The following is a copy of the "Set Filenames and Paths" section of my
> /etc/fpc.cfg, can anyone tell me whats wrong?  This is how rpm set it up.
>
> # searchpath for units and other system dependent things
> -Fu/usr/lib64/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget
> -Fu/usr/lib64/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/*
> -Fu/usr/lib64/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/rtl

This is OK. (assumed that you have a
/usr/lib64/fpc/2.2.4/units/x86_64-linux dir)

To find out why your project doesn't compile, set the option -va
This generates a lot of output, but also tells why it thinks the
stdctrls.ppu isn't valid.

How does your project look like ? Is it just one unit or more (what
names). Did you accidentally include the lazarus source path in your
project source ? If you did, then remove all .ppu in your project dir
and remove the reference.

Marc