[Lazarus] jQuery interface for fcl-web

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Mon Jun 8 12:42:04 CEST 2009

Op maandag 08-06-2009 om 12:13 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Graeme
Geldenhuys:
> Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> >
> > That's all fine, but imho the fcl-web design is far more flexible.
>
> Joost, do you use fcl-web without Lazarus?

Yes, but you need one hack to make that work. I have found a way to
solve this properly, but the best way is to do that in TApplication, I
have to discuss this with Michael and Mattias first.

>  I have written a few cgi
> application for our company using Powtils. I was thinking of converting
> them to fcl-web instead of Powtils (I want to minimize our 3rd party
> component dependencies and if things are included with FPC, then the
> better).

I thought that Powtils also adds some other usefull functions. Fcl-web
is pretty basic, I'm not sure if it's (atm) enough for what you want.

> > as wel. Next on my list is a native web-server using lnet, so that
>
> What do you mean by "native web-server"? A stand-alone web server like
> Apache, but just very much smaller?  I don't know lnet, but have briefly
> looked at nYume (extremely small web-server written in Object Pascal,
> and supports CGI). We need to deploy our CGI applications as part of a
> distance learning product to the general public. We obviously don't want
> them to install Apache just to run our application, so thinking of using
> something like nYume which gets started just before the distance
> learning product is launched in the client's pc.

Yes, that is the idea. But in my mind it was not supposed to work in
production, but only stand-alone (one user) with your application
compiled-in. Just for debugging.

But with some more effort, it could me made in such a way that it can be
deployed with support for multiple users.

Joost.