[Lazarus] Migrating Delphi application in Lazarus cross-platform

Antonio Sanguigni a.sanguigni at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:30:34 CEST 2009

> Adding fcgi-support was only two hours work. Other systems can be added
> as wel. Next on my list is a native web-server using lnet, so that
> debugging is even easier. (I'm absolutely sure that posting all messages
> about fcl-web not supportinf fcgi was more work then actually adding the
> support)

I thought the fcgi support is still a work in progress. The other day I
was trying to create a "hello world" fcgi program just to see how it
works but it did not compile.
Getting a "fastcgi.pp(1,1) Fatal: Can't find unit BaseUnix used by
custfcgi" error.
(Latest Lazarus and FPC SVN, win32 /XP/)

If it works, I would make the examples submitted in
to work as FCGI also.

BTW, there should be some explanation in Lazarus -> File -> New for
people about the differences between

Application - Program - Custom Program ;
Simple CGI Application - CGI Application - Custom CGI Application ;
FastCGI Application - Custom FastCGI Application ;

I am positive, it is very confusing for a newcomer to chose between
these. In fact, I'm sure it is random chance at the moment that decides
which they are clicking on within one group.
At least for apache modules there is only one choice (in my lazarus at
least).