[Lazarus] jQuery interface for fcl-web

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Tue Jun 9 09:33:22 CEST 2009

Op dinsdag 09-06-2009 om 13:54 uur [tijdzone +0700], schreef Bee:
> > First of all it needs additional steps to work. You need to run a
> > python-script to make everything work.

> It's part of installation process.

Of your own application, you mean? You need to do this all the time...

> > Further it's really client-based. It's primary goal is to build
> > client-side-fat-applications. In such a way that you don't need any
> > server-side code.
>
> There's no use of browser side framework -no matter how good it is- if
> it's unable to communicate with remote applications.

Offcourse, but they are trying to do it.

> > Bu that was all resolved, but then I tried to bind some real data to a
> > grid, and there the documentation failed me. All examples were using
> > this.generate_random_data or something. Well, that's kinda useless.
>
> http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/0.8/remote_io
> http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/0.8/remote_table_model

Thanks for the links. But that these stuff can be found in the 'other'
section, on the very end of the documentation says it all. (It's one
item above the experimental stuff)

As I saw it, it's not designed as an easy plug-in system, but more as a
whole system you have to use completely, or not.

Joost