[Lazarus] IDEDialogLayoutList.ApplyLayout() is flawed

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Wed Jun 10 16:12:38 CEST 2009

Mattias Gärtner wrote:

> No. IDEDialogLayoutList is for modal dialogs only. They should not store
> their position.

Why can't you store position information for modal dialogs? I do this
all the time in my own applications.

> Windows that can stay open together with other IDE windows use at the
> moment the EnvironmentOptions.IDEWindowLayoutList. But there is no IDE
> interface for this,

And due to the lack of such an interface for optional add-on packages, I
manually implemented saving and restoring of position information for
the File Browser add-on. Plus the splitter position bug is now fixed.

Patch is attached in the following mantis bug report.

  - Graeme -