[Lazarus] EOL character used in .lfm files keep changing

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Jun 11 12:39:50 CEST 2009

Marc Weustink wrote:

> Since you are creating a problem which doesn't exist (for years) for the
> laz developers I don't think that will happen.

Considering that many projects are flocking away from SubVersion to
something better like Git or Mercurial, it might become a problem in the
future. You guys already proved that that is possible, after all, you
guys already moved from CVS to SubVersion.

I'm simply using my repository of choice (due to better features), but I
would also like to continue contributing to the Lazarus project. Such
unnecessary issues make it a lot harder for contributors or for the
people that need to commit my (and maybe others) patches.

> And for the lcl it is not an issue, it can read both.

So then if the Form Designer uses CRLF for .lrs and .lfm files, it
shouldn't pose any problem at all making the change. :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -