[Lazarus] EOL character used in .lfm files keep changing

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Jun 11 12:46:11 CEST 2009

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> lfm files are human edited.

Probably by 0.1% of the general Lazarus users. In that case, the Lazarus
editor can simply detect that it's a .lfm and always use CRLF when
saving it. It already detects the .lfm because of syntax highlighting.

> What .lfm patches are bigger than .pas patches because of the line
> endings?

And I was just about to submit another *huge* patch simply because I
resized a TGroupBox. Which is when I started investigating the issue and
found the problem is the EOL characters.

> What has csv to do with lfm?

That it is perfectly acceptable (and practised in the real world) to
have some files always adhere to a specific EOL character, no matter
what platform is used.

Regards,
  - Graeme -