[Lazarus] EOL character used in .lfm files keep changing

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Jun 11 13:17:18 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Marc Weustink wrote:
>> They should. Especially if you have your sources shared with different
>> environments. Svn will change them to on consistent value.
>

> To quote one of my other replies....
>
> Even the RFC4180 document dictates that CSV files *must* use CRLF as the
> EOL character, no matter what platform is being used. So checking in
> such files into SubVersion with eol-style=native would actually corrupt
> (in theory) those data files.
>
>   http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc4180.html

I don't see a *must* in that document (and confirms my thought that
there is *no* CSV standard)

  Definition of the CSV Format
    While there are various specifications and implementations for the
    CSV format (for ex. [4], [5], [6] and [7]), there is no formal
    specification in existence, which allows for a wide variety of
    interpretations of CSV files.  This section documents the format that
    seems to be followed by most implementations

and

  Encoding considerations:

    As per section 4.1.1. of RFC 2046 [3], this media type uses CRLF
    to denote line breaks.  However, implementors should be aware that
    some implementations may use other values.

Marc