[Lazarus] EOL character used in .lfm files keep changing

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Jun 11 13:20:14 CEST 2009

Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> had been added by the conversion script but it was missed at certain
> points and these omissions still pop up.

I hope the script I supplied helps a bit, or gets you on the right track.

> If git is better you shouldn't have any trouble with line feeding.

Remember that my lazarus git repository is feeding off a SubVersion
repository. Not ideal, but workable. My true Git repositories have no
problems at all - and I do use them from various platforms.

> git misses several stuff compared with svn:

As proven before... we agree to disagree on that point. :-)

> proper eol handling,

Fixed. Git is more that just a source code repository (ala SubVersion),
it is more like a file system with integrity checking all built in. What
you put in, is exactly (guaranteed by SHA1 checks) what you will get
out. No silent modifications of files. In todays software world, all
text programs (editors etc..) should be able to handle any text files
with whatever EOL characters. If not, that text editor isn't worth using.

> blocking of patches from merging

it's called cherry-picking in git.

> good support of non unix platforms, ...

This is old news. The native Windows Git version (I guess you are
referring to Windows, because I know that is what you mainly use) works
perfectly. I use it without problems in my Windows VM sessions.

Regards,
  - Graeme -