[Lazarus] how to change an application title on the taskbar

Roberto Padovani padovani.r at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 09:10:37 CEST 2009

2009/6/26 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net>:
> Paul Ishenin wrote:
>

>> Application.Title := 'New title'?
>
> If you want the MainForm title and the Taskbar button title the same,
> that should work. In windows you can actually have different titles for
> each of those. I've done it before, but I can't remember off the top of
> my head what Win32 API that was.
>

> Regards,
>  - Graeme -

Graeme, if you could find the piece of code, you'd do me a favour!
Or maybe someone can point me to some piece of information online...
As far as I can see, any change to Application.Title after the
Application.Run in the main program is not propagated to the task bar
name nor to the form caption, which has to be changed through its
property

Thanks!

  R#