[Lazarus] how to change an application title on the taskbar

Roberto Padovani padovani.r at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 09:41:51 CEST 2009

2009/6/26 Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl>:

> This works on windows (form with on button):
> begin
>  Application.Title:='New Name';
> end;
>
> Maybe you don't give windows time to make that change, because you are
> processing. (one long event handler without processing message)
>
> Vincent

Right, I tried it in one of the buttons I have and it works: it
changes the taskbar title, but not the form caption (which I can
change through the property).
But I cannot see it work during the calculations, even if I call the
Application.ProcessMessages that was already there to update a
progress bar.
However, it must be an update problem, because the ShowMessage dialogs
that appear between the steps of the calculations are use the correct
Application.Title.

R#