[Lazarus] Git tip: use bisect to find regression bugs quickly

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Mon Jun 29 10:42:37 CEST 2009

Vincent Snijders wrote:

> This is how it works with SVN:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/How_To_Help_Developing_Lazarus#Dealing_with_regressions

Yup, the same link I referenced in my first posting.

> An example script to automate it:

That's only for unix users, but a good starting point none the less.
Maybe this should be mentioned in the above URL as well, otherwise
nobody will know about it except you and Florian. I will update the wiki
shortly...

What should also be mentioned to users wanting to use such an automated
regression script with SubVersion, is that you better have a fast
internet connection and lots of bandwidth. Using that script with my
unreliable 3G connection and limited bandwidth, it's just not feasible.
The main advantage with Git (and probably Mercurial too) is that the
whole repository history is already on you computer (local), so
checkouts are instant and can be done while offline.

Regards,
  - Graeme -