[Lazarus] Some thoughts about the global 'Application' instance.

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Mon Jun 29 16:59:23 CEST 2009

Op maandag 29-06-2009 om 16:43 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Vincent
Snijders:
> Joost van der Sluis schreef:
> >
> > But it would be nice if I could use LResources again, without using
> > forms, but that's another story.
> >

> I took a quick look, but i don't see how adding LResources add a dependency on forms.
>
> I created a new program (not an application), added LResources to the uses section
> and LCL as requirement. It compiled without linking errors.

Hmm. I can't test it now, because Lazarus doesn't even link at all at
the moment.

But in my experience, if linking fails or succeeds is more something I
would call 'luck', than anything logical. ;(

I think it also has something to do with the debug-information. One of
my theories is that when you have compiled Lazarus with a rtl with
debuginformation, and thereafter the debuginformation is removed from
the rtl, you have to make clean and recompile Lazarus completely.

And the same holds for parts of the fcl and such.

But this theory fails on me as Lazarus is not linking now at all...
Maybe an old .ppu somewhere which is not cleaned properly...

Joost