[Lazarus] Problem streaming properties without unit interfaces

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Tue Jun 30 13:03:01 CEST 2009

Well, I am still new to pascal, and the FPImage units caught my eye. I need
some examples or docs on how to use these;
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Developing_with_Graphics is not good
enough for my purposes. I want to load a file and draw another image also
loaded from a file onto it, then save it.
What I've tried:
Looking at TFPImageCanvas.Draw, as a parameter it wants a TFPCustomImage,
which I assume means I cannot use TFPMemoryImage.

img := TFPMemoryImage.Create(10,10);
img.LoadFromFile(filelist[i]);
imgWM := TFPCustomImage.Create(10,10);
imgWM.loadfromfile(txtFName.text);
ImgCanvas := TFPImageCanvas.create(img);
ImgCanvas.Draw(0,0,imgWM);

Problem: How can I have the size of img/imgWM set to the image file's size?
I wanted to do
img := TFPMemoryImage.Create;
Because it seems to be listed (by listed I mean typing a period after img
and waiting for the little box of procedures etc to popup), but the compiler
yells at me for not including parameters. (There's 2 listed.. one with
parameters, one without; Using lazarus rev. 20212)

[Random]
Don't forget to vote for lazarus on sourceforge ;)