[Lazarus] Code Folding mess and Code Divider feature

Martin Friebe lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Mar 13 17:03:51 CET 2009

Stephano wrote:
> Martin Friebe wrote:
>
>> There is a general plan/idea to add some configuration (have to see how
>> much) to define what you want to have foldable and what not. It wasn't
>> seen as urgent yet (at least not by me...)
>>
>> Most (if not all) of the places that allow folding now, do so in Delphi
>> as well. this is part of why they have been added, to make it easier for
>> (ex-) Delphi users.
>>
> Is it possible have folding or more specifically identification for
> case/end pairs?

Not yet.
this will at earliest be implemented, when individual folds can be
configured. The same applies for repeat/until
It may also have to wait fro some more/other refactoring on the folding.

The highlighting currently depends on the detection for folding.

So it will be a while till that is done.

The problem is that there are already units, that take more than one
second to parse, and that can behave sluggish if you insert words like
"begin". So implementing this must be done with care.
If you have an idea how to patch this, please feel free to discuss.

Best Regards
Martin