[Lazarus] Code Folding mess and Code Divider feature

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Mar 14 07:41:08 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

>> - Folding at "procedure" in addition to the begin => arguable, if it
>> should be instead of the begin?
>
> I'm not sure about this one either. I would have thought the first
> 'begin' after a procedure or function should be ok.

Procedures can have large parameter lists, type, var and const sections,
in addition to the code body. When a procedure is of no (visual)
interest, all that should go out of the way at once.

Folding should recognize two tree structures:
1) sequential sections, like case labels or above type/var sections
2) nested blocks, like arbitrary begin/end pairs

Type 1 sections only have an "label", and extend until the next sibling.

Type 2 blocks have both head and tail delimiters.

DoDi