[Lazarus] TFloatSpinEdit and DecimalSeparator (GTK)

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:29:42 CET 2009

> Yes it is. At least under Ubuntu Linux 7.10 the package in question is
>  called 'locales' and it does NOT depend on the libc package (and least
>  under Ubuntu Linux and FreeBSD). The 'locales' packages is independent
>  and is just a bunch of text files (mostly) containing locale
>  information.
>  Files in question are:
>  /usr/share/i18n/locales/aa_DJ
>  [....snip....]

Yes, i see. I have those files on Suse too.
Not sure what package is responsible.
An rpm -q locale (or locales) reveals nothing.

I was under the impression that actually the LC_xxx files in
/usr/lib/locales/ determined the locale setting?

However the content of the files conflict with the info I get from locale

bart at simenon:~> locale
LANG=nl_NL.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="nl_NL.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="nl_NL.UTF-8"
[snip]
LC_ALL=

There is no /usr/share/118n/locales/nl_NL.utf8, only nl_NL and nl_NL at euro
The latter copies (almost) all from nl_NL
>From that file:
LC_NUMERIC
decimal_point             "<U002C>"
thousands_sep             ""
grouping                  0;0
END LC_NUMERIC

from locale:
bart at simenon:~> locale -ck LC_NUMERIC
LC_NUMERIC
decimal_point=","
thousands_sep=""
grouping=-1;-1

See that "grouping" differs.
(I have  not extensively checked other LC_xxx files)

Shouldn't we continue this discussion on fpc mailig list
(fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org)?
When I have time, I'll start playing with this.

Bart