[Lazarus] Trouble with PostGres access

ArĂ­ Ricardo Ody ari.ody at japinfo.com.br
Fri Mar 20 15:57:47 CET 2009

I've copied the dll's from pgAdmin directory to my application one.

I add transaction, query, datasource, DBNavigator and DBGrid.

When I change the property Connected of PQConnection to true the msg:

It wasn't possible to find(or locate) the ordinal number 2821 in the
dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll
(I'm sure that I've copied this library form pgAdmin to my
application directory)

When I click OK I receive the msg:

Cannot load PostGreSQL client. Is it installed?(libpq.dll)
(again I'm sure that I've copied this library from pgAdmin to my
application directory.

I put: japi29 in the hostname, Conversor in DataBaseName, the
username and the password in the PQConnection

I'm trying to browse a table named DATATYPES. I put the SQL command
below in the SQLQuery sql statement:

select * from Conversor.DATATYPES;

When I run the application the DBNavigator and the DBGrid appear
empty. And no errors are reported. But if I try to manually change
the PQCOnnection I receive the errors explained above>

Some aditional suggerstion(s)?

Cheers

Ricardo

P.S.: If someone would like to try I send my project