[Lazarus] Mac OS X or iPhone applications created with Lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 08:28:20 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:00 PM, dmitry boyarintsev
<skalogryz.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> LCL-Cocoa does exists. http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/PasCocoa
> It's about 2% done, but it exists :)

PasCocoa is only the Cocoa bindings correct?  I see in the latest
Lazarus (svn) that LCL-Cocoa is marked pre-alpha, so clearly it's not
usable yet and Lazarus itself can't be compiled with LCL-Cocoa - which
is the point I was trying to make.

Out of interest... Does Carbon and Cocoa applications look different?
Joanna immediately said that the screenshot (link below) is a Carbon
app, not a Cocoa app.  How does the look of the two differ?

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Image:Lazarusmac0.9.25.jpg

> Leopard is NOT 64-bit only, so there's no problems with using Carbon too.

Ah okay. Isn't Leopard the latest version? I thought Apple decided
that it will now only be a 64bit OS - or is that for the upcoming Snow
Leopard release? If they moved to 64bit only, then surely that will
kill off the Carbon API.

[I hate these release names!!!! Same thing for Ubuntu. You never know
which version it older or newer. Can't they simply stick to damn
version numbers!!]

Regards,
  - Graeme -