[Lazarus] WSRegister error on console application

Martin Friebe lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue May 5 03:15:22 CEST 2009

Paul Ishenin wrote:
> Andrea Mauri wrote:
>
>> I tried it (replaced LCLType and LCLintf with Windows), now I got an
>> error on these lines:
>>     NCB.ncb_command := Char(NCBENUM);
>>     NCB.ncb_command := Char(NCBRESET);
>>     NCB.ncb_command := Char(NCBASTAT);
>>     NCB.ncb_buffer := PChar(@Adapter);
>> The error is:
>> Error: Incompatible types: got "Char" expected "Byte"
>>

> Well, you can replace Char by Byte. See yourself which solution is
> better for you.

You could try smart-linking -CX -XX (You will have to build the LCL
smartlinkable, and your app too)

That should get rid of the error. If you really only use parts (such as
type declarations) that do not need the interface, then smart lining
should remove all those references (and that includes all of the
WSRegister* too)

Martin