[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE Tools - wiki page

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:02:01 CEST 2009

2009/5/6 Mattias Gärtner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:

> It's called 'procedure list' and its default key is Alt-G, which does
> not work on all widgetsets.

Do you mean the shortcut doesn't work or the actual "procedure List"
dialog doesn't work on all widgetsets?

Since I switched from GTK1 to GTK2, "procedure list" doesn't work as
well. I think it's due to a bug in GTK2 listview, but I haven't
investigated further.

To reproduce:
  * Alt-G (or whatever your shortcut is - mine is always different) to
open Procedure List.
  * Start typing partial method name.
  * Now press Down Arrow. This should put focus in first item in
listview, but it doesn't. :-(
    This used to work under GTK1.

Other differences between Procedure List and Code Explorer.
  * Procedure List jumps to Implementation section. Code Explorer to
Interface section.
  * Procedure list can filter by Class, non-class or All methods. I don't think
    Code Explorer can.
  * Procedure List can filter by "method starting with text" or
"method containing text".
    Not sure what Code Explorer does.
  * Procedure List, when launched puts focus where it must be - in the
filter edit box.
    Code Explorer - I have no idea where the focus is, I think the
treeview (filter box
    might be a better idea).
  * In procedure list, when you press Enter to jump to a method,
Procedure List closes
    and gets out of the way. Code Explorer hangs around taking up screen space.

So yes, there are plenty to discuss before any merge is to be
considered. Please.

> All floating windows should be dockable. We have already a docking

Excellent! Can we enable docking already in Lazarus - even though it
isn't saved and restored between sessions?

Regards,
  - Graeme -