[Lazarus] Mac OS X : Revision 19889 not compiling under 10.4

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Sun May 10 12:04:20 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 07:56,  <dominique at savagesoftware.com.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I just grabbed the latest SVN - 19889 and a build of bigide is not
> working.
> The error occuring is...
>
> Free Pascal Compiler version 2.3.1 [2009/05/09] for powerpc
> Copyright (c) 1993-2009 by Florian Klaempfl
> Target OS: Darwin for PowerPC
> Compiling tachartlazaruspkg.pas
> Compiling taseries.pas
> Compiling tagraph.pas
> tagraph.pas(1368,40) Error: range check error while evaluating constants
> tagraph.pas(1368,50) Error: range check error while evaluating constants
> tagraph.pas(1503) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping

The line in question contains
DoubleRect(Infinity, Infinity, NegInfinity, NegInfinity)
call, so range check error makes some sense.
Still, I think it is a compiler bug, especially since an absurd
attached patch fixes it.

If FPC developers think the range check is correct,
then it should be disabled for this one line and returned to
"previous" state afterwards --
is there a way to do this?

Cc'ing fpc-devel list.

--