[Lazarus] SVN revision for a particular date...

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Mon May 11 13:35:35 CEST 2009

2009/5/11, dominique at savagesoftware.com.au <dominique at savagesoftware.com.au>:
> Hi All,
>   Is there an easy way to find out a revision number for a particular date?
>  For example I would like to find out the revision number for both FPC and
>  FreePascal for a day back at the end of November 2008, as I know a certain
>  feature was working back then. Then I can grab that that revision and build
>  my app with it etc.

You can do:
 svn up -r{20081128}
to update your working copy to the revision at the start of 28 November 2008.

>  Or will I need to trawl through the SVN code and work it out from there?

If you want to know the exact revisions for november try:
svn log -r{20081101}:{20081201}

These logs can also be found at:
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/logs/
But they are complete so for Lazarus
(http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/logs/lazarus-all.log) I usually cancel
the load after a couple of seconds, because then I have to for me
relevant revisions.

Vincent.