[Lazarus] Repository of samples

Osvaldo Filho arquivostcf at gmail.com
Wed May 13 15:37:29 CEST 2009

SteveG wrote:
> I am attempting to use shared mem (shmget/shmat) under Kubuntu 9.04
>
> It works fine if I run my app as root, but fails as a normal user.
> Obviously this is a permissions issue, but I am still learning Linux here,
> and have no idea how to give access to 'memory' files.
>
> Suggestions (even pointers for google) much appreciated :)

Actually, I'm interested in this also. I have an application I wrote with fpc v1 a few years ago
(quite a few now) that has run flawlessly as a user under a linux 2.4 kernel since I wrote it. I was
recently forced to upgrade the machine to a 2.6 kernel due to a hardware failure and as a hack had
to make my app +s owned by root to get any of the shm stuff to work.

Boot 2.4 and it works, 2.6 gets -EPERM.. I've not had a chance to test it further.

Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them