[Lazarus] TPopupMenu bug

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Mon May 18 11:11:04 CEST 2009

Mattias Gärtner wrote:
> "just wants to replace system popup menu with his own"
> I don't think he wants that. The system popup menu contains not only
> cut/copy/paste but also input methods needed for accessibility and multi
> language systems. Loosing them would be a bad example for the book.

Maybe we read what we want but I can't translate this sentence
differently: "I always get some standard GTK popup menu instead of the
menu which I designed."

> About cut/copy/paste:
> Apps can create better cut/copy/paste functions, so a mechanism to
> replace those is needed.

You can't add items to the standard menu in a legal way on all systems.
But if you want some standard items you can create them yourself always.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.