[Lazarus] limit of mail size to this mailing list

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun May 24 16:27:14 CEST 2009

Joost van der Sluis wrote:

> I thought the goal of the limit was to avoid that people would send
> patches to this mailing list, and then automatically suppose that
> someone would look at them and commit them.
>
> Instead of creating a bug-report.

Which is an interesting process. I'm quite happy to cast an eye over a patch inlined or attached to
a mail, but it would have to be explained/titled as _very_ interesting to me to make me go and look
at the tracker, download and examine the patch.

The easier it is for people to view something, the more likely they are to review it.

Keeping patches off the list is the best way to ensure they won't get comments..

Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them