[Lazarus] limit of mail size to this mailing list

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Mon May 25 20:08:46 CEST 2009

Joost van der Sluis schreef:
> Op donderdag 21-05-2009 om 21:48 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Vincent
> Snijders:
>

>> This limit has been 40 kB as long as I remember and I wanted to propose
>> to increase it to 100 kB. Internet bandwidth has risen at least a factor
>> 2.5 in the last 5 year, as far as I can see, so people should not be off
>> less than 5 years ago.
>
> I thought the goal of the limit was to avoid that people would send
> patches to this mailing list, and then automatically suppose that
> someone would look at them and commit them.
>
> Instead of creating a bug-report.

Both can be useful. The mailing list is the best place for discussing
patches, the bug tracker to register patches for committing.

A limit of 40 kB won't really stop patches, certainly if it is zipped
most patches are smaller than 40 kB.

A limit of 40 kB usually stops large unzipped patches and screen shots.

Vincent