[Lazarus] Visual database design software

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 28 15:15:50 CEST 2009

2009/5/28 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

> Except if you have large databases (lots of tables and other objects, think
> order of magnitude 1500), it's GUI is totally unworkable then :(

That's where Dezign v3 and up is also very nice. You can create
multiple "sub-views" of your database, because larger than 50+ tables
it's just impossible to fit everything on one screen/view.  So we have
multiple views into our data. Debtors View, User View, Security View
etc... which all only show a sub-set of the tables relating to that
view.

Regards,
  - Graeme -