[Lazarus] Auto indentation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 21:18:38 CET 2009

On 03/11/2009, Mattias Gärtner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> The IDE now has a smarter auto indentation algorithm when pressing return or
> when pasting code.

I'll try it tomorrow when I get a Lazarus update. Thanks for the note.

By the way, do you know if it is possible to implement the feature
request #9650 in Lazarus IDE yet? At the time of the feature request,
SynEdit did not have the capability to set variable length tabstops
(tabstops based on varying pixel widths) per line. SynEdit could only
set tab stops per complete file and were character based if I remember
correctly - every line has the same tab stop points.

I remember trying out the Java demo editor using Elastic Tabstops and
write some Object Pascal code with comments aligned on the right of
code etc. Elastic TabStops worked very nicely. And when saved, tabs
are removed and spaces inserted - so other developers using a
different editor or not using Elastic Tabstops feature will not be
hassled.

The following site explain benefits of Elastic Tabstops and bust some myths:
   http://tibleiz.net/code-browser/elastic-tabstops.html

  - Graeme -