[Lazarus] elastic tab[Re: Auto indentation]

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 08:38:47 CET 2009

2009/11/4 Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de>:

> From what I read, setting it in pixel is not a pre-condition. You could same
> as good set it to "char pos" (like 1 pixel = 1 char-width)

Thinking about it a bit more you are 100% correctly. Character width
(count) could also be used in the Elastic Tabstop algorithm.

eg: Using the elastic tabstops customization variables:

* minimumwidth could be set to 3, meaning the with of 3 base characters
    (exact width is not too important anyway, as long as all left edge
     tabstops use the same width).

* paddingwidth colud be set to 2, meaning the width of 2 base characters.

Thanks for pointing this out.

  - Graeme -