[Lazarus] Delphi editor clone

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Nov 6 14:14:34 CET 2009

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Can't you configure Lazarus to use the old fpc compiler?
this mail wasn't about my problem, but rather about giving you the info.

BTW fpc may be right about it, and even if inc/dec was a build in
magical thing...

 dec(DragTarget.Left, w);

Where "DragTarget" is a property

It is explainend somewhere in the fpc release notes, but here is the
essence:

- A property is meant to be treated like a function:
  property Bar: TType read FBar;
  property Bar: TType read GetBar;

By introducing the first type of property, the author reserves the right
to later change it into the 2nd type (with getter function).  (An
alternative meaning of the property could mean the variable is to be
treated read only)
If the above statement is changed all code should continue to work.
"Dec(FunctionResult);"  are and always have been invalid statements.

Anyway this isn't my argument.
(and I see your point that a macro could use the write/setter)

>> do you think it will be fixed before release?
> I'll have to get a SVN version of fpc, before I can start fixing my
> code...
Actually my question was meant different and ironical: Your mail sounded
like you blame it on fpc. So i mean "Do you think fpc will be fixed
(changed back)"
Since we both know the answer to that isn't going to be yes => I did
assume that the answer related to your code would be "yes"

I had no intend to imply, that there was any question if you would take
care of your code....

Martin