[Lazarus] THelpEvent declaration discussion

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Fri Nov 6 16:22:50 CET 2009

Sergei Gorelkin wrote:
> Note that Delphi (version 7, at least) does not have THelpEvent
> declared in the classes unit. The question is, why does FPC have it
> there?

True, in Delphi it is declared in the Forms unit. That makes sense to
them because TApplication is also in the Forms unit. And the only two
classes that use OnHelp (THelpEvent) is TApplication and TCustomForm.

But in FPC, TCustomApplication is in it's own unit and not tied to a GUI
toolkit. So in FPC I can understand why they did not define it in
CustApp unit (not all apps descend from TCustomApplication) or Forms
unit (because FPC doesn't have a GUI) but rather the Classes unit.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/