[Lazarus] Debug Lazarus source

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 16:21:35 CET 2009

Mattias Gärtner schrieb:

>> How do you people debug Lazarus source code when developing it?
>>
>> Yesterday I was able to open the whole Lazarus project
>> "lazarus/ide/lazarus.lpi" and debug it with Lazarus itself.
>
> Yes, that is one way.

I have more problems, in patching Lazarus. Since the lazarus.lpi is not
a complete project, that can be compiled like other projects, every
change to the Lazarus code requires to rebuild everything
(Tools/Rebuild...), before the compiler notices an error in an updated unit.

Am I missing an easier way to (syntax) check changes applied to the
Lazarus source code or project?

DoDi