[Lazarus] Passing properties as var paramatars (was: Delphi editor clone)

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Nov 7 12:44:19 CET 2009

Alexander Klenin schrieb:

> IMHO:
>
> 1) The change was correct in the sense that all properies should be treated
> equally, regardless of their implementation. If that means (temporarily) loss
> of features, than so be it.
>
> 2) However, there is an obvious room for improvement here:
> not only Inc/Dec, but any procedure accepting var parameter
> should be able to accept writeable property of the same type.
> (especially common example is Include/Exclude for set properties)

ACK, all compiler magics deserve an update.

But that done, I still can see no change but code bloat :-(

All other cases, where var arguments are involved, cannot work with
property references. If this was not handled properly in the past, i.e.
when the field address was used for the reference, then this flaw could
have been fixed with no impact on existing code.

DoDi