[Lazarus] OT Lazarus vs VS

ik idokan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 21:37:42 CET 2009

Zitat von John Coarsey <jcoarsey1 at yahoo.com>:

> Sorry for this basic question but have  loaded up Lazarus and can
> build and run under IDE. What is the file extension of the app (or
> Mac equivalent of the exe)?  I have looked through the Wiki but
> could not find the answer (or overlooked it more likely).
> Thanks,

There is no equivalent on Mac.
Programs can have any name.
But most applications use the 'Application bundle' - a special folder
with the extension '.app' and some special files. One of the files is
the program and the Finder shows such folders as programs. The IDE
creates the application bundle automatically for you.

Mattias