[Lazarus] Gecko on lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 23:10:46 CET 2009

2009/11/11 Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl>:

> Yes, that might be useful. A lot of bug reports come from people throwing
> any chm file against lhelp assuming it will open any chm file, not just the
> lazarus help files. For those people, an escape route to Gecko could be
> offered.

To be fair to all those users (including me). There was no mention
that LHelp is only meant for Lazarus and FPC documentation. Is is said
to be a CHM help viewer, so we use it as such. Especially Linux users
that might have Windows apps installed and running via WINE.

But a option in LHelp to switch rendering engines would be good for
compatibility. Alternatively simply point them to the Firefox add-on
which allows Firefox to read CHM files directly. All viewing problems
solved - but then still lacks searching and Index support.

  - Graeme -