[Lazarus] cross platform [Re: Lazarus Goal]

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 18:00:13 CET 2009

2009/11/13 Phil Hess <macpgmr at fastermac.net>:
> Good eye! No, this is the OS X Mail client.

After creating as many components as I have in fpGUI, I got accustomed
to the idea of paying attention to detail. Lazarus IDE dialogs are a
*real* eye-soar for me. But after using Lazarus for so long, I got
used to them. ;-)

> I think one of the things that make the Mac pleasing is that it appears

They seem to align things quite well also. Good vertical lines and not
to many in each form.

> It would be interesting to compare how this dialog looks in other locales to see whether they stayed with this fairly "light" approach.

That would be good to see. Many languages are longer in text than
English. Afrikaans, my other native language is on average 80% longer
than the same English text. This makes designing dialogs quite
difficult - knowing that you must always leave enough horizontal space
for components to grow.

  - Graeme -