[Lazarus] gdk_pixbuf

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Sun Nov 15 11:32:29 CET 2009

Alexander Kaupp pisze:
> Hello,
>
> I had the idea to try to make it possible to transform an existing
> lazarus-project to a XUL/XPCOM-Gui application.
>
> So I need many informations about a Lazarus Project:
>
> - forms
> - gui-components inside a form
> - properties of all gui-components
> - eventhandler of gui-components
> - ressorces (images, lanuage-files, etc )
>
> So i think this work has already been done by the lazarus project
> (Objectinspector, form-designer, etc ).

Ive done full transform  not so small Delphi project to web application.
Ive follow VCL idea to communicate with browser. Implement forms,
several components, event handlers.
And also make things absent in normal application like application
management, HTTP server (FCGI also)
Application  can use long grids (no problem with 1M rows), modal
windows, generate reports for PDF and many others.

Last but most important: both version desktop and webbased are compiled
daily from the same source (only difference is compilator: for web is
FPC and some libraries - pascal is great )

But is some disadvantage's from this approaches. I dont use any form
designer, all forms are made dynamically from source. I dont use XUL,
only pure HTML with CSS and small Javascript (about 2k LOC). Every
computing is made by server, client (browser) computing only visual
things (shape, colors). This is very different approach from example
EXTJS, but i think is closer to widgetset like VCL or LCL.

I have some example code
http://www.emadar.com/fpc/xwebdemo.zip

and working demo:
http://emadar.eu:8004

but is pure translating to other than my native language
I know its hard to start, but if somebody find it interesting I can help

--
  Darek