[Lazarus] Astronomy Software

Phil Hess macpgmr at fastermac.net
Sun Nov 15 21:49:29 CET 2009

Terry,

I've found that generating reports as raw RTF and then viewing them with your user's word processor is a good cross-platform solution and lets you use the full power of RTF, which is supported by all word processors. Tools are here:

http://web.fastermac.net/~MacPgmr/XDev/XDevStatus.html#RTF

On Mac it would be a lot easier since all you have to do is provide a print mechanism and the OS X Print dialog automatically gives you print preview and save to PDF, but the other platforms don't have that.

Why limit your app to the teeny tiny world of Linux tinkerers? Don't you think the Win/Mac communities could benefit from your app? It's not really that difficult to maintain a single code base that supports Delphi on Windows and Lazarus on all platforms.

Thanks.

-Phil