[Lazarus] gdk_pixbuf

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Nov 16 01:03:43 CET 2009

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:46:57 -0500
waldo kitty <wkitty42 at windstream.net> wrote:

> Juha Manninen wrote:
> > I managed to compile it finally. I had to make the sym-links you mentioned and
> > then some more:
> >
> >   ln -s libgobject-2.0.so.0    libgobject-2.0.so
> >   ln -s libglib-2.0.so.0    libglib-2.0.so
> >   ln -s libgthread-2.0.so.0    libgthread-2.0.so
> >   ln -s libgmodule-2.0.so.0    libgmodule-2.0.so
> >   ln -s libcairo.so.2      libcairo.so
> >
> > Someone should fix this issue. Is it a Mandrive / OpenSuse issue or FPC issue,
> > I don't know?
>
> i would say that it is a Mandrive / OpenSuse issue because most every other *nix
> out there doesn't have trailing numbers after the .so extention... at least not
> in my experience with some 10+ flavors over the last years...
>
> yes, perhaps the FPC and/or Lazarus installer can determine the OS it is being
> installed on and it can create these links as necessary? that may require root
> access, though... some may not want to provide that... especially if it is an
> install for only one user...

Normally these links are setup by some devel packages. If these symlinks
are created by the lazarus rpms these packages would conflict.
If there is really no package under OpenSuSE/Mandriva that is
responsible for the symlinks - which I doubt - then maybe we have to
create special rpm packages for these distros.

Mattias