[Lazarus] Code Metrics and Project Analysis

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Nov 17 14:12:52 CET 2009

Zitat von Alexsander Rosa <alexsander.rosa at gmail.com>:

> Have you tried command-line utility SLOC Count?
> http://www.dwheeler.com/sloccount/

Funny tool.
I ran it on a single unit (ide/codebrowser.pas) and got:

Total Physical Source Lines of Code (SLOC)                = 2,849
Development Effort Estimate, Person-Years (Person-Months) = 0.60 (7.21)
  (Basic COCOMO model, Person-Months = 2.4 * (KSLOC**1.05))
Schedule Estimate, Years (Months)                         = 0.44 (5.29)
  (Basic COCOMO model, Months = 2.5 * (person-months**0.38))
Estimated Average Number of Developers (Effort/Schedule)  = 1.36
Total Estimated Cost to Develop                           = $ 81,109
  (average salary = $56,286/year, overhead = 2.40).

81,109 dollar - not too bad for 6 days work, ehm I mean 7.21 months.

Lazarus in total is worth 45mio dollar and requires 68 developers.

Mattias