[Lazarus] Using latest FPC devel version with Lazarus

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Tue Nov 17 20:51:20 CET 2009

On tiistai, 17. marraskuuta 2009 16:52:34 Reimar Grabowski wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:17:52 +0200
>
> Juha Manninen <juha.manninen at phnet.fi> wrote:
> > > There are scripts to create debian/ubuntu/fedora/redhat packages for
> > > this in lazarus/tools/install.
> >
> > Ok, there is no real easy way then.
>
> How can it get any easier than that?

Well, still easier would be to just configure Lazarus to use the new FPC
compiler and its source directory straight from the svn tree.
Making .rpm package feels little useless because all the needed files are
already in my computer and then I would install the package into this same
computer.

An extra complication is that this is not debian/ubuntu/fedora/redhat but this
is OpenSuse. Fedora packages would most likely work but I can't be sure.

Anyway, it is not a big problem. I will look at the FPC devel version later.
I believe I could install the latest FPC with some effort but Lazarus compiles
fine with the older ones.

OpenSuse advertised their build servers which should make it easier to build
and deliver packages for every Suse user. I don't know how it works but
someone could put there also the devel versions of FPC and Lazarus. Release
versions are available already.

Juha Manninen