[Lazarus] Why does linux+fpc2.2.4+modern lazarus hang?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Fri Nov 20 08:57:13 CET 2009

En/na Henry Vermaak ha escrit:

>> Just start hundreds of threads or use a lot of memory.
>
> Hmm, I thought the OOM killer will kick in at some stage and terminate
> the process.  Maybe it's not configured into the kernel?

For a while I had the program to simulate the device I communicate with
running on the same machine (now it's on a different one, to have a more
accurate shapshot of where it hangs), and the first version had a memory
leak (a memo that was continuously added to). The OOM killed it, so,
yes, it is configured and it is worked.
The program "crashing" the machine doesn't use more memory as time goes by.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.133)  Fax +34 93 5883007