[Lazarus] Datamodule and forms data aware components problem

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Nov 20 13:32:36 CET 2009

Zitat von ik <idokan at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Lazarus 0.9.29 r22691M FPC 2.5.1 x86_64-linux-gtk 2 (beta).
> When I create a form and place in the uses section of the interface the data
> module, some forms with data aware components can find the datasource, while
> other forms with data aware components can not find the Datasources.
>
> For example:
>
> unit unit1;
>
> interface
> Classes , SysUtils , db , sqldb , XMLCfg , FileUtil ,
>   LResources , Forms , Controls , Graphics , Dialogs , DbCtrls , ExtCtrls ,
>   ComCtrls , StdCtrls , Buttons, dmDatabases;
>
> type
>   TForm1 = class(TForm)
> end;
> end.
>
> unit unit2;
>
> interface
> Classes , SysUtils , db , sqldb , XMLCfg , FileUtil ,
>   LResources , Forms , Controls , Graphics , Dialogs , DbCtrls , ExtCtrls ,
>   ComCtrls , StdCtrls , Buttons, dmDatabases;
>
> type
>   TForm2 = class(TForm)
> end;
> end.
>
> The first form will find the datasource components on dmDatabases unit,
> while the second form will not.
>
> What am I missing here ?

I assume, you have connected the datasource in the IDE designer and
not via code.
Then the connection is stored in the lfm file and the uses section has
nothing to do with it.
Just make sure, that your program creates the datamodule before the
two forms are created (for example Application.CreateForm statements
in the lpr).

Mattias