[Lazarus] Catching TForm title change

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sun Nov 22 13:13:49 CET 2009

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 07:19:45 -0600
Andrew Brunner <andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com> wrote:

> The form units are not listed in the path but are used by other units
> somewhere down the line in the dependencies.  I don't want to have to
> add the forms to the project. I don't see a point in adding forms that
> have no form variable to the project either.  I often delete the form
> variable because I know the application will never have to create it.
> Rather instances are created on the fly.

?
Maybe there is a misunderstanding.
Add a unit to the project <> adding forms to the "Auto-create forms"

The project inspector contains all files that belong to the project,
that means they do not belong to a package or FPC or another project.

> If I have to add the form units of course I can - but I think I would
> consider this a flaw.  IMO - Lazarus should create the resource file
> if it needs to.  I notice that (at least as far as I can tell) the
> resource files are being created in the build output folder and not in
> the same location ans the form file.

Yes. Since 0.9.27.
For backward compatibility you can store the lrs files in the same
directory as the lfm file. Then the IDE will update that one.

> But thanks for the work-around to the issue.  Do you think I should
> still submit it or was this design intentional due to complexities?

I can't follow you, why this is a flaw.
I think it is pretty important to control what files the IDE
process and what files it should *not* process.

Mattias