[Lazarus] New experimantal beta feature - View same source in multiple Windows

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Nov 22 18:27:20 CET 2009

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

> Let's first get some example running. Last time I tried it did not
> work. Maybe you can write a text/doc how it is supposed to work.

What did you try, and what didn't work? I'm continuously updating the
examples and the dock manager, according to new needs.

> I guess you identify forms by their name?

Yes.

>> Since I've introduced an dock grabber (the pin icon), this image control
>> could replace the TLazControlDocker. I only didn't succeed in making it
>> a new visual component, perhaps you can help me with this task?
>
> TLazControlDocker is not visual.
> What do you want to do?

Since forms are not dockable on all platforms, I decided to add an grip
to every dockable form. It could be added to the caption bar or
somewhere else, but a visual component in the client area is independent
from widgetsets and other platform and window manager issues. The
optical design can be improved, if somebody wants to do that...

>>> The IDE only needs to call LoadFromConfig/SaveToConfig (and of
>>> course the default form positions).
>> That information has to be provided in a way that the IDE currently
>> uses. That's why I intended to stay with the current config files and
>> procedures, and only add to it the docking specific information.
>
> The IDE should use the docking manager like any LCL app would do.

If you think that it's that easy, then you can already integrate
uMakeSite into the IDE, and I'll only add the config persistence :-)

DoDi