[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

Tom Lisjac zikon770 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 05:14:52 CET 2009

Since Lazarus 0.9.28 the gtk2 widget set has replaced the gtk1 widget
set as default widget set on Linux and FreeBSD. The Lazarus team has
decided to minimize the effort to support the gtk1 widget set, so we can
focus on stabilizing more used widget sets.

We want to review all open bug reports for gtk1. If the issue is also
present when using the gtk2 widget set, the issue will be marked as
such. If it is not present with gtk2 such issues will be resolved with
resolution "suspended". Patches to fix such issues are still welcome,
but new bug reports for the gtk1 widget set are only accepted, if they
contain a patch to fix it.

Help from the community with cleaning up the bug tracker is appreciated.
If you test an gtk1 issue with gtk2, please leave your findings as a
note in the bug reporter.

The Lazarus developers will try not to break the current gtk1 widget
set, but will not actively develop new features for it.

Vincent