[Lazarus] What's the hold-up with Lazarus v1.0?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 11:00:02 CET 2009

2009/11/28 Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl>:

>> I see 398 bugs which targeted for 1.0 and not resolved or closed.
>> I am right?
>
> That is correct, but don't forget the 74 issues with target 0.9.30.

And by the time those are fixed, another 100 or so would be added to
0.9.32 or v1.0.  You guys are never going to win this battle. Like I
said, nobody expects software to be bug free!! As long as the main
features are usable, and new release come out in a timely fashion,
users wouldn't mind. That's reality.  Postponing v1 even more simply
hurts Lazarus reputation even further - a lot more than some number of
bugs in the bug tracker.

Delphi currently sits with some 15000+ unfixed bugs, yet you don't see
Delphi at v0.9.67890

  - Graeme -