[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 11:35:29 CET 2009

2009/11/29 Paul Ishenin <webpirat at mail.ru>:
> new features but we need to fix most of the bugs we have in the tracker. who
> needs a component library with bugs?

You do know Borland released Kylix v1, v2 and v3 with tons of bugs!
:-) The difference between Kylix and Lazarus, is that Lazarus still
has active developers willing to fix bugs.

Knowing that there will be timely release after v1.0 should be good
enough incentive for users & companies to try Lazarus. This is how KDE
team handled the v4 release as well. KDE v4 was full of bugs, but
users knew soon there will be fixed releases, so they probably didn't
loose that many users. KDE is already at v4.3.x and those issues in v4
release are long forgetten.

This is very different to how Borland managed Kylix (no incentive to
fix anything after v3 release). Lazarus will not be in the same
predicament as Kylix, but a v1 release will be a huge positive step
for potential new Lazarus users.

  - Graeme -